[Mobile.AI] Mobile Accessibility challenges

Dinesh Kaushal dineshkaushal at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:22:57 EST 2017

Dear All,

As some of you might know, I am leading NVDA development from India. But this email is regarding the challenges that we face while using mobile apps and websites.

As part of a study to make mobile applications and websites more accessible, I am interested in understanding the problems faced by persons with blindness. I am a person with blindness and I do have some idea about what problems we face, but want a broader perspective.

My main focus is in cataloging the problems faced so that guidelines could be derived from those problems. Often software developers are told what they should do without explaining why they should do so. Feel free to bring out any problem that you face; don't worry about whether you are a beginner or an expert.

Please also point out any existing guidelines that could help in making mobile applications more accessible.

Regards
Dinesh Kaushal