[Mobile.AI] How to reduce or mute ringtone volume to know who is calling?

Surya Prakash Sharma spsharma.gck09 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 07:24:50 EDT 2014

Hello,
Thanks for the various suggestions. I tried them one by one and found
the following:
1. if we use the volume button to mute the ringtone in the upper side
the volume of the media reaches to 100 per cent. on the other side the
volume goes down to 0 per cent.
2. if we use the power key to disconnect a call, we can not use it to
mute ringtone.
3. if we do not use the power key to disconnect a call and try to mute
the ringtone, we will have to press it twice: first time to mute the
music and second time to unlock the screen. then we can know the
caller by tapping on the upper left corner of the screen.
alternatively, I set the media volume of the phone at around 50% and
talkback volume at 75% of the media volume. in this case we can listen
talkback with the ringtone music. we can also read the caller's name
by tapping on the upper left side of the screen.

this is my experience with 'Moto E'. any other trick or wayout is also welcomed.
thanks again for the support and cooperation.
Sps

>>> Mobile.accessindia at accessindia.org.in