[AI] Is it common with all visually challenged people?

turab chimthanawala turabhvc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 06:54:32 EDT 2019

Hi Pinkesh,
Following is my opinion.
1. Man is a social animal and hence, interdependence is key to his
survival. Whether disabled or not disabled, no man can live and
accomplish all what he wants by himself. He has to depend on others
for some or the other thing. Hence, it is perfectly justifiable to
seek help.
2. Notwithstanding the above, while it is virtuous to help the needy,
it is certainly not a fundamental duty. Hence, it is very wrong and
inconsiderate to always expect help and barade people for not helping.
3. People may at times genuinely not comprehend that you need help:
hence, their ignorance . Thus, it is advisable to request for
assistance yourself.
4. As regards your thought of "seeming to bother" people when you seek
help, it is advisable that we should also endeavor to add value to
others' lives. This may be by sharing knowledge, humor, material or if
nothing love, warmth and appreciation.
5. As regards your anxiety of solo travel: my first solo trip was to
Trivandram to attend a Convention. I had sensitized the hotel and the
event organisers about my disability and the help I would need, at the
time of booking. Thus, right from landing in Trivandram till my
departure, I was given V.I.P attention. Besides, I had also kept 2
acquaintances residing there, in the loop, to pitch in if need be.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to call on +91 8087813609, if u need further clarifications.
Best
Turab