[AI] Currency Detector

Srinivasu Chakravarthula lists at srinivasu.org
Thu Jan 10 03:28:09 EST 2019


George,

Absolutely, apps cannot be permanent solution. But until currency becomes
accessible, apps would come handy. Until currency becomes accessible,
perhaps we should do exercise of identifying right currency and keep them
at a place before we go out to public for transaction. ... and yes, apps
could be for temporary benefit.
Thanks,
Vasu
Regards,

Srinivasu Chakravarthula - Twitter: http://twitter.com/CSrinivasu/
Website: http://www.srinivasu.org | http://serveominclusion.com

Let's create an inclusive web!

Lead Accessibility Consultant, Informatica



On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 1:47 PM George Abraham <george at eyeway.org> wrote:

> My personal view. The app is a bad idea. At best it is usable when one is
> at home. While  transacting with the auto driver or at a shop or in a
> public space, the blind  customer and his app will test the patience of
> people. Besides I believe it would make us vulnerable.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On
> Behalf Of Asudani, Rajesh
> Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:27 PM
> To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
> the disabled.
> Subject: Re: [AI] Currency Detector
>
> Good effort, will surely try it, but focusing the paper or note for
> recognition is the big problem for totally blind.
>
>
> सादर / With thanks & Regards
> राजेश आसुदानी Rajesh Asudani
> सहायक महाप्रबन्धक AGM
> बाजार आसूचना ईकाई MIU
> भारतीय रिजर्व बैंक Reserve Bank of India नागपुर Nagpur
>
> 0712 2806846
>
> President
> VIBEWA
> Co-Moderator
> VIB-India
>
> A-pilll = Action coupled with Positivity, Interest, Love, Logic and
> laughter.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On
> Behalf Of Shilpi Kapoor
> Sent: 09 January 2019 16:06
> To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
> Subject: [AI] Currency Detector
>
> Hi All,
>
> With all the conversation around challenges with the currency,
> BarrierBreak has taken the initiative to develop an app called 6 by 6. 6 by
> 6 has 3 different tools and another few are being built. The 3 tools are:
> - Currency Detector
> - Light Detector
> - Magnifier
>
> This app is currently on the Android platform and can be downloaded from
> the Playstore -
> https://play.google.noclick_com/store/apps/details?id=com.barrierbreak.fin&hl=en
>
> We know that some of you'll are already using it and we have received
> feedback which we have incorporated also. We know that some currency notes
> are not as well recognized like the Rs. 50 note and are working on this.
>
> Instructions to help you get an accurate prediction -
>
> - Hold the Currency between 5-6 inches from the phone.
> - Place the Currency on an even surface or in a straight position in your
> palm.
> - Tap on the screen to get an accurate prediction.
>
> We have also made some videos to help you use the app better -
> https://www.youtube.noclick_com/watch?v=rqu_Yw0EWeQ
>
> It would be great if you'll would download the app and give us feedback,
> since we would like to make the app better. Please feel to write to us at
> 6by6 at barrierbreak.com
>
> We will also be holding sessions in different organizations to show the
> app to your students and members. If you would like us to hold a Free
> session at your NGO, School or College, please write to us at
> 6by6 at barrierbreak.com
>
> Thanks
> Shilpi Kapoor | Managing Director
> BarrierBreak
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Celebrating Louis Braille birthday Jan 4th.
>
>
> Search for old postings at:
> http://www.mail-archive.noclick_com/accessindia@accessindia.org.in/
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to
> accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
> with the subject unsubscribe.
>
> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
> please visit the list home page at
> http://accessindia.org.noclick_in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>
>
> Disclaimer:
> 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking of
> the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity;
>
> 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the mails
> sent through this mailing list..
>
> ________________________________
>
> Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, SMSs or makes calls
> asking for personal information such as your bank account details,
> passwords, etc. It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not
> respond in any manner to such offers, however official or attractive they
> may look.
>
>
> Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
> review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in
> this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
> you have received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or
> telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
> attachments. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
> the presence of viruses. The Reserve Bank of India accepts no liability for
> any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
>
> Celebrating Louis Braille birthday Jan 4th.
>
>
> Search for old postings at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/accessindia@accessindia.org.in/
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to
> accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
> with the subject unsubscribe.
>
> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
> please visit the list home page at
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>
>
> Disclaimer:
> 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking of
> the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity;
>
> 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the mails
> sent through this mailing list..
>
>
>
> Celebrating Louis Braille birthday Jan 4th.
>
>
> Search for old postings at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/accessindia@accessindia.org.in/
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to
> accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
> with the subject unsubscribe.
>
> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
> please visit the list home page at
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>
>
> Disclaimer:
> 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking of
> the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity;
>
> 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the mails
> sent through this mailing list..
>


More information about the AccessIndia mailing list