[AI] Acquiring mastery of orientation skills

Srinivasu Chakravarthula lists at srinivasu.org
Mon May 14 02:40:57 EDT 2018

Rahul,
Thank you for bringing this topic. I know I'm not really a qualified to
discuss this but would want to key in some of my thoughts; they may be of
some help. We all wish buildings such as our work spaces, school etc., do
have accessibility features but quite often we don't see them. Being a
person with low vision, I always face a challenge to identify conference
rooms at my work space. Those I'm familiar are OK to deal with. But when
someone else set up a meeting, I find it difficult and more often I seek
assistance of colleagues sitting in that floor.

While things may work out better by reporting to Real estate team, it may
not work out sometimes. How about we we go around the office / school as we
join and make our own mapping on our mobile device? perhapscreating our own
indoor navigation. This of course would not work at new places but places
that we go everyday.

Best,
Vasu

Regards,

Srinivasu Chakravarthula - Twitter: http://twitter.com/CSrinivasu/
Website: http://www.srinivasu.org | http://serveominclusion.com

Let's create an inclusive web!

Lead Accessibility Consultant, Informatica