[AI] Acquiring mastery of orientation skills

Turabh turabhvc at gmail.com
Sun May 13 13:15:47 EDT 2018

Hi Rahul,
While  my partial vision  puts  me in a much better  position during the day, few things  I  use at night.
Shore line technique: wherein you follow one edge  of the road, corridor  etc. with the cane which informs u of turns, doors etc.
Effective use of other sensory organs: sound, smell, sometimes even touch.
Get people  at  least close ones to give instructions  involving  mostly  non visual  queues.
If the place  is to be frequently  visited then if possible  understanding  the  structure, for instance, in court buildings  knowing the  first  court room no on each floor .
I hope these  help. Do shout out  on phone, I  can explain with examples
Best
Turab

Sent from my iPhone