[AI] Effectively organizing religious ceremonies and participating in them

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Thu May 3 02:45:14 EDT 2018

You are right, Rahul.
People tend to focus on the last two, for obvious reasons of maintaining self-confidence, and we can hardly blame them.

However, realistically, I classify the impact of disability into four categories, of course they are dynamic.

I may illustrate taking example of congenital total blindness as I have the firsthand experience, but it would apply mutatis mutandis to other severe or total disabilities as well:

1. Modified consciousness: of course, this impact is with disability by birth or since early childhood. Even in dreams, one does not experience seeing. I never dream of driving a bike or seeing beauty of girls as I have never experienced it in waking. Same applies to witnessing handwriting, wonderful photographs/paintings
This modification in consciousness results in not experiencing many visual activities even in thought/imagination.
2. Others one has to give up in actual deeds, for instance, driving/drawing. Many more become practically impossible. One cannot be a dentist, surgeon driver, etc.
At present, only 10% of government post are identified for blind, I am told.
We can readily come up with instances where we have to practically give up on many actions, only we don't want to think so.

3. Some can be managed with work arounds. Use of assistive technology or human aid come in handy. Being a Lawyer, administrator, teacher, I would classify in this.
4. Rest one may do with remaining senses.