[AI] For accessibility tester career option

Shilpi Kapoor shilpi at barrierbreak.com
Sun Dec 30 23:34:29 EST 2018

Hi Mohit,

With regards to IAAP Exams, there are 2 exams. I am also providing the link to the Body of Knowledge (BOK) which is a great place to start to prepare for the exams:
1. CPACC - https://www.accessibilityassociation.org/content.asp?contentid=356
2. WAS - https://www.accessibilityassociation.org/content.asp?contentid=458

If you do pass both the exams, you have the accreditation of CPWA.

For an accessibility tester role, the WAS exam is what I would recommend. It is an exam, where you have to go beyond the theory and ideally should have working knowledge.

BarrierBreak's office in Mumbai holds the proctored exams for people who would like to give the exam using assistive technology. You can see the dates at https://www.accessibilityassociation.org/certification#Exam%20Locations

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Shilpi Kapoor | Managing Director
BarrierBreak