[AI] Regarding income tax rebates for the V I community

Sameer sameer.latey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:43:28 EDT 2018

Dear Friend,

As per the budget for financial year 2018-19, salaried VI employees cannot
claim deduction for medical reimbursement. Instead of this deduction, they
can claim a standard deduction of Rs. 40,000/-.

The deduction for conveyance allowance of Rs. 38,400/- will continue as in
previous years. For details, kindly refer Sr. No. 11 in rule 2BB of the
Income-tax rules.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey
Mumbai, India