[AI] Require information as how to get the railway concession form id

Santosh Singh handtransplant at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:58:58 EDT 2018

Hi,

I assume you have a railway concession form issued by a government hospital
where you get the disability certificate.

To get a railway concession ID you need to visit the divisional railway
manager office in whose jurisdiction your residential address falls. They
will verify your original disability certificate and concession form and
return you. You will be asked to fill up a single page application form and
attach address proof , 2 copy of passport size photo,  copy of disability
certificate and concession certificate. They will give you an
acknowledgement of submission of your application. Usually they will ask
you to come back after 2 months with this acknowledgement slip, original
copy of disability and concession certificate. After 2 months you will get
a railway concession id card with your photo , disability details and
signed and stamped by concerned railway authority. This railway concession
id card will have a clear mention of validity dates that saves you the
hassle of convincing the ticket booking clerk. Most of the times ticket
booking clerk don't understand the validity dates as it's clearly not
mentioned on the concession form. The validity changes as per applicants
age and when the concession certificate was issued. One point you should
remember is that railway concession id card validity is for 5 years. After
5 years you have to repeat the entire procedure.

Once you are in possession of this card you can book your concession ticket
from irctc website and you don't need to visit the ticketing counter
everytime you want to book tickets. This card has a unique  alphanumeric
code or identity number that is required to be filled in when you book
concession ticket on irctc.

Hope, I have answered your question.

Please reply in case of any confusion.

Santosh