[AI] Discriminatory practice: on reservation for the disabled

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Mon Jul 9 06:02:14 EDT 2018

The problem is huge.
Implementation of reservation for disabled is almost non existent, particularly in educational sector.
Almost no teaching vacancies are reserved at any level ranging from University to School.
I have fought some battles in this regard both in and out of the court.

But what is required is a vehement war at all fronts.

Maharashtra government is about to fill around 18, 000 teaching posts in government and granted schools.
Where are at least 180 vacancies for blind?

I have filed RTI asking for actual number of PWD already in the job in  teaching cadre.
I have filed RTI with Universities as well about affiliated colleges as well.
Information is hard to come by.

They even write nill for total cadre strength.

Grin.

We must form dedicated advocacy groups for Reservation and accessibility.