[AI] Pls advise

Sana Samad sanasamad.13 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 04:27:11 EDT 2018

On 6/28/18, Mujeeb Rahman <m4mujeebrahman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently, I came across an order of department of Social Justice which
> bars the totally blind from applying for most of the posts and
> considers only for low vision. More so the posts identified for the
> totally blind are not even in existence.
>
> Here in Kerala, the state PSC is following the said order for the 3%
> reservation, resulting us unqualified for a govt job. Further, the
> state is yet to implement the RPWD act.
>
> Though we are determined to fight against this injustice,  need
> guidance as to what could be done against this clear discrimination.
> The so called welfare associations are not even bothered of us and we
> have no option to seek help other than AccessIndia. Would be grateful
> to those who are willing to offer the possible help.
>
> Kindly let me know if I was not clear enough or further details require .
>
> Thank you
>

> Search for old postings at:

> Disclaimer:

> sent through this mailing list..

I also came across with same problem. Indian Oil in their notification
have identified post for low vision. Since I am 100% visually impaired
so I wasn't able to apply. I was fulfilling rest of their eligibility
criteria except this one. It is a barrier on our carrier. I request
Access India and other institutions to intervene and stop such kind of
practices.
     Regards
   Sana Samad
Email Id: sanasamad.13 at gmail.com