[AI] Narrator as a screen reader come of age

Aruni Sharma aruni100 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 00:45:12 EDT 2018

	Hi, An important thing about narrator that I have noticed is it having very good support for apps that are available in the Microsoft store. The app itself is more accessible with narrator than any other screen reader. So it is easier to search for apps in the store with narrator and further the app would most probably be more accessible and manageable with narrator than any other screen reader.
Secondly, the response time is amazing even on low-end machines. I have never noticed any lag or stuck ups.
Another big feature since windows10 version 1709 is the availability of hindi voices with narrator. MS has taken big lea[p forward in the regard. Automatic language switching is instantaneous.
On top of it whenever a fresh copy of windows10 is run for the first time, you immediately get voice prompt and instructions for using narrator.
Narrator also works quite well with the latest version of MS office, edge and mail etc.
So even if it may not be used as the primary screen reader at present, the day is not far when it will give other screen readers a run for their money.
Regards,
Dr Aruni Sharma.
Associate Professor, Dept. Of Political Science JNPG College Lucknow.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10