[AI] Daily Eyeway Alerts

Eyeway Helpdesk helpdesk at eyeway.org
Mon Aug 3 04:30:11 PDT 2015

Dear Listers:

Greetings from the Eyeway Helpdesk!

Follow below the Daily Eyeway Alerts:

1. News-

Disability is a state of mind, as these great personalities have pointed
out. Life becomes dysfunctional only when we are paralysed by our lack of
will to perform, and disabled when we lose the determination to break the
shackles preventing us from achieving what we can. Here are several
differently-abled persons, who have proved that even when you don’t have
hands, legs or eyes, you can succeed in life. All you need is willpower and
determination to achieve heights that even able-bodied people would find
difficult to reach. Journalist by profession and activist at heart, Javed
Abidi has stood the test of time and emerged as a leader fighting for the
rights of the differently-abled. He was diagnosed with Spina Bifida, a
developmental congenital disorder caused by the incomplete closing of the
embryonic neural tube, that caused permanent nerve damage in the spine.
More at http://www.eyeway.org/?q=salute-their-spirit

20 with visual, hearing impairment take part in archery camp. For, Bharath,
an ITI student, who suffers from speech and hearing disability, aiming and
shooting an arrow at the target was like a dream come true.

“I had watched it in television serials like *Ramayana* and *Bharabharata* .
Today, I was fortunate to touch and feel the bows and arrow, and take aim
at the target”, said Bharath, a native of Kyathsandra in Tumakuru district,
who is pursing his studies at the ITI set up by the National Association
for the Blind (NAB) in Mysuru. More at
http://www.eyeway.org/?q=20-visual-hearing-impairment-take-part-archery-camp

*In a major initiative, people with disabilities will be able to easily
access government websites across the country as steps are being taken to
enhance their features. As many as 6,000 websites of the Centre and state
governments would be covered out of which 50 per cent would be made fully
accessible for differently-abled people by July next year, according Social
Justice Department sources. The Centre is planning to engage web auditors
to enhance the features of these websites to make them user-friendly for
Persons with Disabilities (PwDs). More at
http://www.eyeway.org/?q=all-govt-websites-be-made-differently-abled-friendly
<http://www.eyeway.org/?q=all-govt-websites-be-made-differently-abled-friendly>
*

2. Workshop-

Snehadeep trust for the disabled a leading NGO in Bangalore is conducting
workshop on android and IOS platform which are equipped on touch phones on
August 9 and August 23 2015. This workshop is for the basic users who are
just entered in to these touch phones from the key phones. Not to demote
the key phones,  but most of the services which have been obsolete on these
phones has made us these touch phones mandatory in terms of utilising the
available resources for simplifying our life. Smart phones will do much and
faster rather computers now a days. So what are you waiting! come on and
grab the opportunity to explore the world of android and IOS! Only 20
persons can be accommodated for the session to be conducted on August 9
from 11 A.M to 4 P.M and again on 23 August from 11 A.M to 4 P.m. Send in
your participation to the following email : snehadeeptrust at gmail.com, mobile
9449021997

--
**
 Best,Binni Kumari|Programme Manager Helpdesk! Score Foundation
Email:binni at eyeway.org
Websites: scorefoundation.org.in <http://www.scorefoundation.org.in/>
               www.eyeway.org
****** <http://www.youtube.com/user/eyewayindia><https://twitter.com/friendsofeyeway>