[AI] Disability Commissioner in Maharashtra: We are not ready with access audit of public buildings

Ketan Kothari muktaketan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 23:47:10 PDT 2015

Dear Avinash,

It is truly worrysome indeed but frankly speaking I am more worried by
the lack of access requirements of the VI population across the board.
Mere putting
Braille signages all across or beepers at places our access needs
cannot be addressed.  There is lack of understanding as to where these
labels need to be put or beepers to be installed.  There alternatives
available of which there is complete absence of awareness.

Unfortunately, I would hold us (the VI community) as much guilty of
this negligence and ignorance as anyone else.

Having said all this, your comments about cause of concern is well
taken and must be acted upon sooner rather later.

With best wishes,

Ketan

--
Ketan Kothari