[AI] too much of anything is good for nothing.

Radha r.radha05 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 02:22:16 PDT 2015

One more thing to add with bhaiya, you share info for people like me
who are fans of selective articles or postings.
(especially without source or time)
Sumathi mam, being I,  in the same place  where you belong,hardly we
receive any gen which our bro shares, do we?  His postings are shared
in our state supported/  funded  emailing group. There are many silent
readers of his posting. Even Pondicherry university students use his
article for research purpose.
So, I  sincerely believe that your email might not have pointed to Mr. Avinash.

On 7/12/15, avinash shahi <shahi88avinash at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well-expressed Sumathi!
>
> However, you should not be too much concerned about other people's
> lives. Access Indians are aware about how to avail means to fulfill
> their ends. Reading-writing-posting is not the cup of tea of everyone.
> It requires efforts and above all some vision.  We are living in very
> competitive age in which Some hide information, some keep with
> themselves and some do share widely. And all types of people go on
> doing what pleases them distinctly. Though you have not named my name
> however I know I do post very frequently. Why I post? 1. I'm a
> disabled disability researcher and by posting on AI I achieve two
> things. A maintain my archive which is easily available to me for
> future usage. B I firmly believe blind people are still suffer from
> famine of info and knowledge hence this much time is just to encourage
> friends to be a varicious reader and keep track of disability
> discourse which directly effect our well-beings. Note: this should not
> be construed as I know everything and behaving in big brotherly way.
> Let me share one thing on public fora which I have never discussed out
> of my close friend circle.  When I chose to work on disability
> policies in the country and saw the references and representations, I
> was shocked to notice that efforts and contribution made by blind
> people over the years are not at all refered or known by the
> policy-makers. Why activists such as Mr Javed Abidi is known world
> over despite his falicious understanding about the issues cause he
> writes and posts and cells himself. However blind people who have
> struggled hard for the rights of all disabled and have faced the
> lathis several times in the past have remained untouchables for the
> media,academia and the state. It hurts certainly hurts. Therefore, I
> do a small attempt to provoke friends to take up disability studies
> and contribute to the discourse and generate knowledge in the field.
> If you have time and patience you could see the recent collection of
> AI archive where the articles I shared on the list have travelled fast
> on other lists and the hidden issues blown up, discourse generated and
> awakening and alertness was felt. Thank you for your concern. Of
> course our professional lives are more important then sharing and
> posting on this mailing group free of cost;  However it has its own
> charm which some of us try to manage in our busy money-minded lives.
>
> On 7/11/15, Sumathi <sumathiranjini1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not discouraging or pin pointing anyone in this group, But still, I
>> feel
>> some particular members of this group is sounding like they are wanting
>> appear in the front always. I feel that is too much.
>>
>> I'm sorry to say, posting informations are ok to this group. But at the
>> same
>> time, you all can see a few members' name appearing in the list over and
> [...]

Cheers,
Radha
"Everything you want in your life is waiting for you an inch outside
your comfort zone, and an inch inside your effort."