[AI] Fwd: [Nfbnet-master-list] National Federation of the Blind Achieves GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ Title

Bhavya shah bhavya.shah125 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 02:09:34 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Kuhnke, Kristian via Nfbnet-master-list" <nfbnet-master-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 13:08:27 -0500
Subject: [Nfbnet-master-list] National Federation of the Blind
Achieves GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ Title
To: nfbnet-master-list at nfbnet.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind

(410) 659-9314, extension 2330

(410) 262-1281 (Cell)

<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>cdanielsen at nfb.org

National Federation of the Blind Achieves GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ Title

Orlando, Florida (July 8, 2015): As part of the
celebration of the seventy-fifth anniversary of
the National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the
oldest and largest nationwide organization of
blind Americans, members and supporters of the
NFB have set a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title
for largest umbrella mosaic. Two thousand four
hundred and eighty individuals simultaneously
raised umbrellas to create the image of the
National Federation of the Blind icon and the
organization’s tagline, “Live the life you want.”
The National Federation of the Blind record title
attempt took place at 7 a.m. today in the rear
surface parking lot of the Rosen Centre Hotel
located at 9840 International Drive in Orlando.

Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National
Federation of the Blind, said: “Every day, the
members of the National Federation of the Blind
raise the expectations of blind people, because
it is low expectations, and not blindness, that
stand between blind people and our dreams. Today,
our members and supporters have achieved the
official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for
largest umbrella mosaic, demonstrating to the
Orlando community and to the world that blindness
does not define us and that our capacity to
achieve great things is limited only by our
imagination. We thank the Rosen Centre Hotel for
hosting this event, the Orlando community for
embracing it, and GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ for
certifying its success. Together, with love,
hope, and determination, we transformed this
dream into reality, and for the next seventy-five
years and beyond, we will continue to do the same
for the dreams of all blind Americans.”

For more information about the National
Federation of the Blind GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™
attempt, including video and photographs, visit
<http://www.nfb.org/gwr>www.nfb.org/gwr.

###

The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines
you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125 at gmail.com