[AI] BoB's stupidity continues

Ekinath Khedekar ekinath at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 22:10:02 PDT 2015

Dear List Members,

I a week back expressed my desire to have a net banking facility from
Bank of Baroda branch at Gamdevi Grant Road, Mumbai.

I had to travel 7 odd kilo metres to do NEFT. For that first I was
asked to bring another sighted person and his id proof etc.

I laughed at it and did the needful and requested the branch manager
now to offer me net banking facility. He started giving general Gyan
about how bank tries to help everyone.

Anyways, I could see that the staff was friendly and the actual
problem was awareness of existing RBI guidelines on providing
inclusive banking services to visually challenged.

SO I politely told them to not to do favour to me and follow the
guidelines. I think they have started the process, but last night I
got this email seeking feedback when i ave no online experience of it.

What was queer is to see (Visually impaired) written in front of my
name. I have no qualms about it if I get desired services without
delays.

Anyways, please use the link given in the email and provide your feedback too.

Regards