[AI] Guidelines on Barrier Free Environment needed.

Umesha S E umesha.eco at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 23:55:15 PDT 2015

Hi Dhananjay,
I got 2 of the 3 documents you said. first is the "guidelines and
space standards for barrier free environment published by CPWD in the
year 1998. second is the "PLANNING A BARRIER FREE ENVIRONMENT"
circulated by CCPD and prepared in the year 2001. the 3rd i.e.
accessibility chapter of the National Building
Code by BIS I could not get.
now I have the following queries
1. where can I get the BIS document?
2. what about the legal enforceability of these guidelines?
3. whether newer versions of these documents have come in view of the
fact that these are more than 10 years old?
4. which among these is the best in terms of being scientific and
improving the accessibility to PWDs?
5. the government of Karnataka had circulated the building byelaws
prepared by Bangalore Mahanagar Palike on 6-4-2004. how good these
guidelines are? I have a portion of these. does any one has complete
guidelines?
6. any other suggestion on evaluation and improvement of barrier free
environment in our university campus.

Umesha S. E.