[AI] About Scanning Books with Lex.

Sakshi Agrawal sakshiagrawal19805 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 20:51:54 PDT 2015

Hello,
As the scanning area is A4 so both the pages cannot be scanned in one shot. We keep one part of the book under the scanner for example left side. And we keep on turning the pages. When the complete left side is scanned then we scan the right side. use the command control+I OR shift+I, which informs you about the pages information

If you don't like this procedure you can first left, then right pages at a time. But that involves lot of time and manual effort.

Regarding the scanning of the other side, we get a scanning mat with Lex. I keep my left side of the book just on the edge of the mat so that the right side isn't shown to the scanner. So, if it is not shown that area will not be scanned.

I face this problem when book is quite big, so use a blank A4 paper to cover the other side of the book. When I turn the page I keep a blank paper on the right side. This is the only option to scan a big book or would require some sighted help or buy the a3 version of lex which is very very expensive for individual.

Sakshi