[AI] Fwd: Timesofindia.com: SpiceJet to pay Rs 22k to visually impaired man for delayed flight

Siddalingeshwar Ingalagi ingalagisiddu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 11:07:23 EST 2012

Ok read the artical here.

Indiatimes|The Times of India|The Economic Times|More
MoreFollowADVERTISEMENTDelhi
The Times of IndiaThe Times of India
Indiatimes
Web (by Google)
Video
Photos
& StyleWomenHotklixSpirituality
NRIReal Estate PhotosTimes NowVideosLIVE
TVMumbaiDelhiBangaloreHyderabadChennaiAhmedabadAllahabadBhubaneswarBhopalChandigarhCoimbatoreGoaGurgaonGuwahatiHubliIndoreJaipurKanpurKolkataKochiKozhikodeLucknowLudhianaMaduraiMangaloreMysoreNagpurNashikNoidaPatnaPuneRajkotRanchiThaneSuratThiruvananthapuramVadodaraVaranasiYou
visually impaired man for delayed flight
The writer has posted comments on this articlePTI | Nov 4, 2012, 10.21AM IST
ArticleComments Post a commentEmail this articlePrint this articleSave
this articleMy Saved articlesReduce font sizeIncrease font size Share
on HotklixShare on MessengerShare on StumbleUponShare on DiggShare on
RedittinShare.Share on Linkedin
 Google Bookmarks Newsvine
Live Bookmarks Technorati
Yahoo Bookmarks Blogmarks
Del.icio.us ApnaCircle
Read more:forum|SpiceJet|delayed flight|Consumer Disputes Redressal ForumSHARE
AND
DISCUSS
TweetNEW DELHI: SpiceJet has been directed by a consumer forum here to
pay a compensation of Rs 22,000 to a visually-challenged man for over
a four-hour delay of his flight from Kathmandu to Delhi.

The South West District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum said the
Chennai-based low-cost airline had given no evidence to support its
contention that the delay was due to heavy air traffic and held
SpiceJet guilty of being negligent and deficient in service to Delhi
resident Jaikishan Aggarwal.

"In the instant case, the opposite party (SpiceJet) took the defence
that the flight was delayed due to heavy air traffic. Since no
evidence has been given in support of the defence, we hold it guilty
of negligence and deficiency in service," said the forum presided by
Narendra Kumar.

The bench ordered the airlines to pay Aggarwal Rs 20,000 as
compensation and Rs 2,000 as litigation cost.

Aggarwal had booked tickets for himself, his wife and other family
members on September 9, 2010 for a Delhi-Kathmandu round trip.

Accusing SpiceJet of being negligent and deficient in service,
Aggarwal had told the forum that it did not provide even adequate
refreshment to him and other family members during the long wait at
Kathmandu airport on return trip.

As the departure time of return flight was 10.45 am, they had arrived
at the airport by 8 am, he said adding that they were initially
informed that there would be a 15 minute delay in take-off, but the
flight finally took-off at 3.24 pm.

In its defence, SpiceJet had referred to the terms given in the ticket
and the Carriage by Air Act to contend it was not liab

e-mail ingalagisiddu at gmail.com