[AI] Microsoft Outlook.

Amar Jain amarjain2006 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 11:21:19 EDT 2012

Dear George Sir And Others,

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2010, and as rightly pointed out by
someone, during the development cycle of Jaws 14, excellent work is
being done on the way with which Microsoft Outlook deals with the
email reading. Personally, prior to Jaws 14, it was causing discomfort
while using MS Outlook 2007 or MS Outlook 2010, but like it or not, at
least wherever I have been in work environment, our offices have
always used this as their email client. But now with Jaws 14, I love
the way and smoothness with which it works!

I would be happy to answer questions to the best of my capacity, and
will be happy to have your feedback by way of bugs, which can be taken
up with Freedomscientific to be resolved for the later updates.

 For your easy reference, read below from What's New page of Jaws 14
to see what it offers in terms of MS Outlook support which is also
available here:
http://freedomscientific.com/downloads/jaws/JAWS-whats-new.asp

Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2007 Virtual Buffer Message Support

Microsoft Outlook uses Microsoft Word for viewing all read-only
messages. However, due to the way Word supports table navigation, and
since tables are frequently used for message layout, messages opened
in Outlook 2010 and 2007 tend to be very difficult, if not impossible,
to read fluently. While there is an option to view a message in the
default Web browser, it is cumbersome and slow to have to activate for
every message.

This new feature enables you to open a read-only message and read it
using the Virtual PC Cursor just like reading a Web page in Internet
Explorer or Firefox. You can navigate messages by character, word,
line, sentence, paragraph, page, heading, table, link, and graphic. By
default, tables are presented in a simple layout with one cell per
line and provide a much more efficient means of reading complex
messages.

While navigating a virtualized message, you can:
 •Activate links in the message by navigating to them and pressing ENTER.
 •Obtain a list of links, headings, tables, and graphics in the
message as you would on a Web page.
 •Use Navigation Quick Keys to move to various elements in a message.
For instance, use P and SHIFT+P to read by paragraph.
 •Route the JAWS or Invisible Cursor to the approximate location of
the Virtual Cursor where possible.
 •Select text and copy it to the Clipboard.

If you want to view the actual layout of a message as it appears on
the screen, turn off the Use Virtual Cursor for Read-only Messages
option in Quick Settings (INSERT+V) for Outlook.

Regards,
--
Amar Jain.
Mobile: +91-9892622230.