[AI] Map data for Ovi maps

Pranay Gadodia pranaygadodia at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 04:01:58 PDT 2012

Hi,
Hozefa: Replacing your map data does not affect the places you have saved in favourites. But for other reasons its good to take its back up. You can do so by using the synchronise feature in favourites. For this you need to have an ovi account which you use to log in. This would be useful when you want to get your favourites back after formatting, or in a new phone.

Srikanth: I do not know if it would work in BEL version of nokia phones. As mentioned I have seen its compatiblility in phones which have ovi maps 3.03/3.04, and Manish of Delhi reported it worked well with 3.01, which are not BEL versions. You will have to take your call if you want to experiment.

thanks,
Pranay.