[AI] Books in audio from Bookshare.org

Nirmal Verma nirmalkatara at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:40:22 PDT 2012

Dear Shona,

Have you tried the advanced search and site search feature on bookshare? If
you are a bookshare member then you would have known that bookshare 'site
search' feature is powered by google.

for the limited number of books on competitive exams, bookshares hands are
tied down by the copyright law. it is still in the parliament waiting to be
cleared. A big movement on this is already going on and I hope that light
comes sooner than later. if you or any list member knows some publisher and
can get permission from the publishers to convert in accessible format then
he/she can get in touch with Saksham trust who are looking after the
bookshare chapter in India.

those of you who really need the materials can avail of the concessional
hindi o c r services offered. the accuracy level is gettting better every
day and sometimes you can get results as good as 99 percent.

with best regards
Braille Literacy Consultant
Perkins Products
Perkins School for the Blind