[AI] Accessibility of P65 and PMB documents

Kartik Sawhney sawhney.kartik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 05:11:33 EST 2011

Hello members,

Firstly, wishing all of you a very happy and rewarding 2011! I had an
issue. I've been able to procure E-text copies of some of my books
(not NCERT), however they're in .p65 and .pmb formats. Is there a way
that they can be read with JAWS? I googled for any online converters
or freewares that could accomplish this for me and could convert the
file to .doc or .pdf, however unfortunately I couldn't find any.
Further, while reading PDF documents with JAWS and Adobe Reader, it's
skipping (not reading) some parts of the document and substituting it
with things like graphic 156, graphics 253 etc. They're definitely not
graphic, because when I try reading them using the read out loud
option in the program, it works absolutely fine. What can be the
possible problem, and how can it be rectified?

Regards,
-Kartik