[AI] Yesterdays radio retina india show

Rohiet A. Patil patil_rohit at dataone.in
Tue Sep 28 13:27:25 EDT 2010

Dear all,
you are aware of the fact that retina india pune chapter organized a picnic to mahabaleswar on the occasion of world retina day.
The motive of pune chapter was to spread awareness amongst the people that visually impaired people can travel alone and are not always dependent on sighted people. However, the motive declared on retina radio show was totally misconceptualized. I feel sorry to say that the radio team even did not bother to consult our coordinator before giving any information on the radio. We don't understand the reasoning behind the statement "The pune chapter had gone to mahabaleswar and spoke about retinal diseases ." needless to say that within 19 VI people and  only 3 sighted people, we VI people manage all by ourselves. We did Boating and horse riding. and one of our member rode the horse by himself. please can the radio team explain this statement?
Thanks and regards,
Rohiet A. Patil