[AI] can we change our laptop port from 1.0 to 2.0?

austin pinto austinpinto.xaviers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 07:25:42 EDT 2010

bhavesh which laptop u r using c its posible to change usb pote but
difficult and risky 1 ur mother boad must support usb 2.0 i tried on
my dell latitude c640 it works 2 if u want to try go to any computer
shop and ask for usb 2.0 card when u get open ur laptop if dell then
remove the bottem rest c ur usb socket from inside there will b a
small mettel chip like thing connected to a vire just unconnect the
vire then slowly unpluc the usb1.0 card from the socket then put usb
2.0 card inside the socket insert it until it clicks into place then
just connect the vire u had disconnected and close laptop thats it

On 9/28/10, jayinfotech <jayinfotech at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Bhavesh,
>
>       If your laptop is not very old, it must be with usb 2.0 & not usb 1.1.
> Also check drivers  & if need be upgrade them from laptop Co. website. Also
> you can try softwares like teracopy available on sites like www.download.com
>
> Amit

from austin