[AI] one more thought

Jean Parker radioforever at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 06:47:10 EDT 2010

I promise this is the last for a while and I will return to my usual observer status.

About asking for assistance, I am a good cane traveler.  I have good mobility skills and have taught others.  But, each time I cross the road in front of my building I ask for assistance.  There is no signal, the road is fast and downhill and I can't always hear the traffic coming.  So I ask.  It's the safe and practical thing to do.  But I do it in a way that keeps me in control, for example, taking the person's arm instead of the other way round, continuing to use my cane and not letting them get the idea they are indispensable, they are not.

Jean