[AI] behaviour of my superior

rahul cherian rahul.cherian at inclusiveplanet.com
Fri Sep 24 07:40:03 EDT 2010

Srinivasu,

I am not backing him because he is blind. I am backing him because in his
email he mentions that "I am the most qualified and most senior person for
the job." He therefore deserves to go for the Conference whether he is blind
or not.

Your argument for supporting Mahesh's boss is that he was not aware of the
capabilities of visually impaired people. Does this excuse his act?
Absolutely not. Let me put this to you. Assume that an American (where they
drive on the right side of the road) comes to India and drives on the right
side of the road ending up causing an accident. Can his act be condoned
because he was not "aware" that in India we drive on the left side of the
road? Absolutely not.

Also, did Mahesh's boss take the effort to understand whether a blind person
can travel like everyone else before he reached his conclusion?

In my mind it is very clear that the fault lies squarely with the boss. You
cannot sweep such ignorance under the carpet on the ground that he was not
"aware" and no one took the effort to educate him. This will only continue
to perpetuate ignorance, unless we take up these issues in the most strong
way possible.

Cheers,

Rahul Cherian
Inclusive Planet