[AI] information about safa

Swati Sinha swatisinha13 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 02:51:00 EDT 2010

Hello,
first install SAFA, Outloud (TTS for English(, and  Vachak (TTS for
Hindi) on your PC.
1. You can start SAFA by pressing Alt + Control + S.
2. Then quit JAWS (Insert + F4 and then enter).
3. Now, open a word document for editing purpose.
4. Change the layout from English to Hindi. (Alt + shift) use the key
stroke of the left hand.
5. Now select the different type of key board that you want. (Control
+ shift) use the key stroke of your left hand.
Please note, when you press control + shift SAFA announces the key
board type of "Goodrej typewriter and Hindi phonetic" but doesn't
announce anything for "Inscript".
6. For reading commands and further assistance please check the help
file in the SAFA menu.
Hope this helps!