[AI] Various jobs by Punjab Subordinate Services Selection Board Sep-2010
techy.fox at sify.com
Fri Sep 17 00:55:28 EDT 2010
Visit web-site http://recruitment.cdacmohali.in Last date for online
submission of application is October 05, 2010 up to 5:00 PM
On Line Applications are invited from eligible candidates for
recruitment to the following posts in the Departments mentioned below:
DETAILS OF POSTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
PUNJAB CIVIL SECRETARIAT AND EXCISE & TAXATION DEPARPTMENT PUNJAB
Category No. Name of Post Pay Scale
General Scheduled Caste/
Backward Classes Ex-Serviceman Self/ Dependant Physically
Handicapped Freedom Fighter Sportsman General Sports man SC Total
1. Clerk 5910-20200+1900 Grade Pay 85 39 22
ESM- 2 22
(1 Blindness of low vision+ 1 Hearing impairment+1
Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy) 1 3 2 180
The person so appointed, as clerk shall have to qualify a test in
Punjabi typewriting to be conducted by the Board or by the Appointing
Authority at the speed of 30 words per minute with in a period of one
year from the date of his appointment. In case the person fail to
qualify the said test within the period specified he shall be allowed
annual increment only with effect from the date he qualify such test
but he shall not be paid any arrear for the period for which he could
not qualify the said test. However, the War hero who has been
discharged from defence services or dependent members of his family
will be exempted to qualify the Punjab type test.
EXCISE AND TAXATION DEPARTMENT, PUNJAB
Category No. Name of Post Pay Scale
General Scheduled Caste/
Backward Classes Ex-Serviceman
Handicapped Sportsman General Sports man SC Total
Scale Stenographer 5910-20200+ 2800 Grade Pay 8 5 2 2 1 - - 18
3 Steno Typist 5910-20200+ 2000 Grade Pay 35 15 6 9
BC- 2 3 1 1 70
Educational Qualification for Sr. No.1, 2 and 3 above
Possesses Bachelor’s Degree From recognized University or Institution
Possesses at least one hundred and twenty hours course with hands on
experience in the use of Personal Computer on Information Technology
in office productivity applications or Desktop Publishing applications
>From Government recognized institution or a reputed institution, which
is ISO 9001 certified
Possesses a Computer Information Technology Course Equivalent to ‘O’
level certificate of Department Of Electronics Accreditation of
Computer Courses (DOEACC) of Government of India.
Besides above educational qualifications the candidate at Sr.No.1 and
2 should qualify a test to be held by the Board or by the Appointing
Authority at a speed specified by Govt. from time to time as under: -
DEPARTMENT OF DIRECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE-CUM-INSPECTOR GENERFALOF
POLICE PRISONS PUNJAB.
Category No. Name of Post Pay Scales
General Scheduled Caste/
Backward Classes Ex-serviceman
Self/Dependant Freedom Fighter Sportsman General Sports man SC Total
4 Assistant Superintendent/
Welfare Officer/Probation Officer 10300-34800+ 3600 Grade Pay 7 7 2 Gen - 3
SC - 2
BC - 2 1 - - 24
A degree in the Arts, Science, Agriculture and Commerce from a
Note: Only Male candidates are eligible for the post of Assistant
Superintendent/ Welfare Officer/Probation Officer.
Height- 5'7" (5’5" in case of Dogra and Gurkhas)
Chest -33" Unexpanded and 34.5" (thirty four & half inches) Expanded
Vision-Normal in both eyes
*Number of posts may vary depending upon the actual requirement.
General Category : Rs.600/-
SC/ST /BC : Rs.150/-
Ex-Serviceman and Dependant : Required No Fee
Terms and conditions:
• Age Limit: Between 18 and 37 years as on 1st Jan. 2010.
(01.01.2010). Age relaxation as per the rules of Punjab Government.
• Relaxation in upper age for SC/BC, candidates is 5 years and for Ph.
Handicapped is 10 years
• Only those candidates who have passed Punjabi upto matric standard
are eligible to apply.
• Reservation will be as per applicable law & Punjab Govt. policy guidelines.
• The SC/ ST/ BC Category certificate should be in accordance with the
instructions of the department of welfare Punjab and the certificate
for the Ex-Serviceman should be in accordance with instruction of the
• Reservation shall be as per the policy/instructions of the Punjab
Government. It shall include candidates of:- SC/ST, BC, EX-Servicemen,
Handicapped persons, freedom fighter & Sportspersons, Categories The
qualification/experience of candidates should be prior to the date of
filling the application form.
• Candidates applying in the sports persons category should have the
gradation certificate issued by Director Sports Punjab well before the
submission of the application.
• No TA, DA will be paid for the journeys performed for the written
• The candidate applying for more than one post / category shall have
to apply separately, along with necessary fees. In case of applying
for more than one post, the candidate has to mention his/her previous
applied Registration No. in the prescribed field of the application
• There will be one common entrance test for category No.1, 2 and 3
and test for category No.4 will be conducted separately. Only those
candidates who had applied online for more than one post will avail
the opportunity against the respective posts for which he/ she had
How to apply online:
1. The candidates have to apply only on-line on web-site
http://recruitment.cdacmohali.in from 17.9.2010 to 5.10.2010 up to
5:00 p.m. and generate his/her application number. Once his/her
application number is generated, he/she should get the print of the
form, paste recent photograph on it and get it attested from a notary
or a Gazetted officer. This allotted registration number slip will be
used as identification slip at the time of written test, interview and
also counseling if called for. Candidates need not send any
application/Documents by Post.
2. Applicant will be allotted online Registration Number printed on
the acknowledgement slip containing the details.
3. Thereafter the candidate shall have to report to the designated
banker (State Bank of Patiala) along with the downloaded
Acknowledgement Slip Fee Challan for depositing the fee.
4. In case the candidate fails to deposit the fee, his/her application
shall stand automatically cancelled/ rejected and shall not be
considered for further processing.
5. Candidates may apply for more than one post by submitting separate
application for each post along with separate processing fee.
6. For any problem help can be taken from the help line no.
0172-2237052 available during working hours.
7. Only On-line registered application forms will be entertained i.e.
application sent by post / in person will not be entertained.
8. Candidates are advised to visit http://recruitment.cdacmohali.in
website regularly for latest updates.
9. Candidate having been called for counseling will not confer any
right to appointment.
10. Candidate will be responsible for any mistake made by him/her in
his application. Subordinate Services Selection Board Punjab shall not
be responsible for the same.
1. Applications received after the last date and incomplete
applications will not be considered.
2. The candidates have to apply only online
http://recruitment.cdacmohali.in. No other application will be
3. The recruitment will be made based on the merit of the written
test. There will no marks for the interview and academic
4. The recruitment will be made on the basis of merit drawn for the
written test, which will be held at various districts of Punjab.
5. The address of the examination Centres at the various places will
be put on the website. and also on the admit card/ In case of any
difficulty contact C.DAC.
6. The candidates should reach the examination centres one hour before
the start of the examination i.e. by 10.00 a.m. At the examination
centre, the candidate has to produce his/her admit card along with
identity proof, which may be Driving license, Voter ID Card, Passport,
7. The candidate has to verify himself that he/she fulfils all the
eligibility conditions for this post. Appearing in the examination
and qualifying the test does not entitle him/her for appointment to
the post. The selection will be subject to his/her found eligible for
the post. Verification of original documents would be done at the time
of counseling and joining. The purpose would be to verify different
records regarding identification, age, original certificates
qualifying examination, state of eligibility, category etc, of the
candidate. On failing to establish of any of the documents the
candidate will not be considered for recruitment and liable for
8. The Question Paper will be of objective type (100 marks) having 100
questions with multiple choices on OMR sheet with one correct answer
of each question of appropriate standards. The duration of the paper
will be ONE HOUR. There will be NEGATIVE MARKING. Each right answer
will carry one mark and ¼ mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
9. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination without
Roll Number Slip.
10. Candidates should bring with them BLUE or BLACK Ball Pens only.
Books, written notes, calculator, mobile phones and other electronic
devices etc. will not be permitted to be carried in the examination
11. Candidates are advised to visit the website
1. The equivalency of qualification in case of dispute will be decided
by High Power Expert Committee constituted by the Subordinate Services
Selection Board (SSSB) for the purpose whose decision would be final &
2. The detailed Syllabus for the test will be available on
3. The no of vacancy may vary.
4. The posts vacant in various categories will be filled subject to
availability of the vacancy in that category.
5. The candidates are advised to fill their category carefully.
Category once filled will not be changed.
6. It is the observation of this office that while applying online
candidates take the help of Cyber Café attendants, who at times tend
to commit mistakes. The candidates are advised to fill their forms
Online themselves. Data once filled will not be changed.
7. For the counseling Candidates are also advised to visit the
website http://recruitment.cdacmohali.in. No separate intimation
will be sent by this office.
More information about the AccessIndia