[AI] how to instal xp service pack 3 on your computer
maheshswis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 07:11:41 EDT 2010
1. Insert the Windows Xp service pack 3 CD into the dvd-ROM drive.
Note: Make sure the computer can boot from a CD. If it can't, then follow the procedures in the section titled"
Configure a computer to boot from CD"
or see the "How do I install Windows from the command prompt?" section under "
Perform other Setup-related tasks."
2. Restart the computer.
3. When the message to Press any key to boot from CD. is displayed, quickly press any key (for example, the SPACEBAR). Setup begins.
. note, pay close attention here because it is very easy to miss this message. If you missed this step, you have to perform all the steps again
4. wait for few minutes
5. it shows the drive list.
6. Select the formatting drive
By pressing arrow keeys
And hit enter
7. on the next windo, it shows 5 option
We recommend that you use
It's a more secure file system.
It is on third option.
Hit enter on it.
Then press f key 2 format the drive.
8. Setup will format the drive, copy initial Setup files, and restart the computer.
Note: After the computer restarts, you will again receive the message Press any key to boot from CD but you should ignore it so that you do not interrupt
the current installation process.
9. then it starts install xp on your computer.
It shows On total time 2 instal xp 39 minutes.
Then it reduce total minutes.
10. on 32 minutes its open Regional and Language Options page,
follow select the instructions to add language . press next and continue iinstallation
11. On the Personalize Your page, type your name and the name of your company or organization (if applicable).
12. On the Date and Time Settings page, make any changes that are necessary.
13. Next, while Setup copies files to your computer and completes a few other tasks, you'll see a series of screens that tell you about new features in
Finally, your computer will be restart. Again, ignore the message to press any key.
15. then it shows display settings
Simply press ok like that 2 time it ask u press ok another time also
16. it shows welcome to windos xp,
Then it shows 3 options, select we recommended option not rite now.
17. then again it it ask user name. you give your name again,
Then give next.
Wait for few minutes
After Setup completes, eject the CD from the dvd-ROM drive.
Now, you have loaded Window XP Professional/service pack3Home addition in your computer successfully.
18. After the completion of this process, load the Intel Express Installers CD in your CD
Rom and click on Setup. Now, the Drivers are being loaded. In this process, your computer will be restarted AUTOMATICALLY ON SEVERAL OCATION. AFTER THE FINAL STEPS OFINSTALLATION, YOUR COMPUTER WILL BE RESTARTED. Now, the monitor screen will be display normal and your computer is ready to load necessary software's.
19. After the installation of Jaws, install the virus protection software before the installation of other software's.
More information about the AccessIndia