[AI] exams.

Sathiyaprakash Ramdoss sathiya.ramdoss at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 11:57:44 EDT 2010

 Perfect!.  Since we have detachable braille displays and and
softwares like duxbury, the braille usage policy needs to be developed
and incorporated.
Majority of the time,  our exam systems i.e., UPSC prelimns involve
lots of objective type questions and computer software programs are
getting used to evaluate answer sheets. In  these kind of
circumstances, the exam taker with VI should be able to get his
question papers in braille and  there must be a scribe to to record
his/ her answer. If the question modules support descriptive type
we are talking about will help the exam taker with VI in many ways.
If the test module supports  both at a given time, there must  be a
way for an exam taker with VI to request special accomodations i.e.,
extended test taking time, question papers in alternative format
(e.g., braille,  enlarged text,  etc), extra breaks and either  reader
or writer  or both. Thanking You All.

Sathiyaprakash.