[AI] exams.

harish harish at accessindia.org.in
Sat Sep 11 09:52:03 EDT 2010

Hello

While evaluating a braille answer sheet it is necessary it is touch read,
meaning by finger and not by the the eye or OCR software.

OCR software persay is not 100% correct anyways. By reading Braille by the
eye, one can't make out the correction made. This will certainly not go into
the scribe guidelines, However, this should find place in some Braille usage
policy.

I do second that writing an exams in Braille is not a practical way of going
about. However, I cannot agree for it to be taken out as an option. If one
chooses to exercise it, there should be a proper system of dealing with it.

Harish Kotian