[AI] Examinations

Sathiyaprakash Ramdoss sathiya.ramdoss at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 14:39:30 EDT 2010

 I would like to add one more quick point with relevant to Rajesh
sir's point on taking exam in braille. In my opinion,  we should have
a provision for request  question papers in braille so that we can
read and digest well. In addition, we can also get  tactile diagrams.
Simultaneously, we should have the provision for requesting a scribe,
basically a writer so that he/ she could record all of our responses
and our  answer sheets  will undergo typical and fair evaluation. As
long as our requests are reasonable, there is nothing wrong in
providing more than one accomodations for individuals with
disabilities. I personally do not aware anyone who took their civil
service or other exams in braille. However, Vetri has taken his GRE
exam in braille. Again, the   the question papers were provided in
braille and  a writer recorded all of his responses.