[AI] Examinations

Swasti Mathur swastimathur at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 11:46:01 EDT 2010

in my view, difference of one acadamic year for a a scribe doesn't make
any difference provided that he / she belongs to same field for which
the candidate is from. of course, invigilation must be adiquately strict.
i strongly uphold the idea of not having any percentage limits for a
scribe.
in many exams it is really simple to include computer based examination
for us.
in order to make rules more flexible, choice could be given to choose
between computer based test (CBT) or writing exams with scribe's
assistance.

in my previous mail i forgot to mention about use of assistive
technology in cat examination. IIM authority gives facility of
magnifying software for low vission candidates.
if they can accomodate use of such technology for low vission
candidates, why can't they be asked to include screen readers as well?
i dont advocate suggestion of writing exams in brail as it involves many
perplexcities as pointed by many members. and also, it is  a very tedium
task to write 80 90 pages in brail. but, obviously question papers can
be provided in brail to them who wish.
examining authority should in no case compele students to take writer
selected by them (authority). even if choice is given than also writer
would not be capable of fulfilling our expectations. writers have the
grand responsibility because our triumphant depends on their dexterity
of flawless writing and reading!
and thats all! these were my ideas. rest depends on you mam!!!