[AI] exams

YADAV, D. N YADAVDN at iocl.co.in
Fri Sep 10 04:29:05 EDT 2010

Yes Raghu, dear friends,

I recently took up my exams on lap top & fairly managed.  I took my computer to the centre, was given an hour’s extra time.  Difficulty lay in reading the question paper which, I understand the univ should have facilitated me to read.  I had to take my scanner too to scan & read the Q paper.

To me computer’s seems the best option without any fear for cheating or copying to an honest examinee.  The apprehensions of spelling corrections, etc cannot be solid inhibitions as for ‘nakal’ too you need ‘akal’ & only good chooser can go for right option.  Besides, on college levels or in broader perspective where your analytical faculties are at stake, spelling mistakes get hardly counted.

I have deep regard for Braille but now would better use it for a crutch to carry me to the portals of accessibility where a broad vista exists for me to integrate with rest of the communicative world.

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand”

दीनानाथ यादव
निजी सचिव - २
This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.