[AI] Examinations

Swasti Mathur swastimathur at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 09:05:14 EDT 2010

in CBSE board rules for scribe are very linient. they dont compel neiter
to have writer from different field or subject nor have any upper or
lower percentage limits. a very simple rule which is to be followed is
that writer should be in a standard less than the candidate is appearing
for exam. candidates are permited to bring there own writers. a minor
loophole exist there that scribe should not be in blood relation with
candidate, implying sibling of vi candidate could not be writer of the
candidate. this in my view is not in any way problematic issue as there
are many people around us who fulfill above norms.
why not to have such flexible rules for all exams which are simple to be
abide with?
madam, lets not focus on making all exams computer based. i agree that
there are many technical issues involved in doing so. i know it will be
a troublesome step for many as technology has not maneuvered all around
india. i too hold antagonistic views for making all exams computer based
for vi candidates.
but, it is really easy to make use of screen readers in those exams
which are already computer based  thereby reducing dependability on
scribe. what's the harm in doing so when our vi folks will become
independent?