[AI] Examinations

SC Vashishth subhashvashishth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 01:04:06 EDT 2010

Dear Kanchan,

In addition to the open and flexible rules on scribes and to make sure that
scribes can be hauled for the correctness of the what has been dictated to
them, compulsory audio recording of the questions read by the scribe and
answers spoken by examinee can be a part of the answer sheet sent for
evaluation. this will allow to cross check the answers and ensure that the
eligible and competent candidates do not suffer due to poor scribes.

Although wherever possible, use of computers should be preferred. There
should be no harm even if the candidate is able to correct the spelling with
the spellcheck system. Even the spellcheck  gives several options of the
spellings to choose from and unless the candidate knows the spelling, even
spellcheck may not be of use hence lets not call it a cheating.

Now a days the oral examinations are also a part of alternate evaluation
methods and given the cheap and easily available technology, this can well
be tried.
regards