[AI] Examinations

Swasti Mathur swastimathur at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 12:11:50 EDT 2010

hello madam,
my views are as follows:
first of all to reduce dependability of vi candidates on scribes for
appearing in exams, where ever possible use of assistive technology must
be laid amphysis.
for eg., few management exams are now conducted on line. as these are
computer based exams, it is very practical to make use of jaws or other
screen readers. such exams also overcome the hinderence of bias by
examiner towards Vi candidates either too libral or too harsh as pointed
by one of our friend. these technological advancements must be accomodated.
secondly, There should not be any stringint rules to be complied with
while arranging for a writer. in place of it, invigilator in charge
should be very dedicated towards his/her duty because many times i came
across people who take a very good writer and they themselves dont do
anything other than sitting and in place the entire paper is solved by
the scribe. such practises are dubious raising serious questions on the
capability of entire vi community. people tends to develop a mallaicious
tendency towards us. most of the time invigilators are not found on the
duty or sitting there and engaging themselves in some other chores. they
should be very alert and see that upto what extent scribe is assisting
the candidate. is candidate herself is answering questions or they are
ansered by writer? this practice also act as a partiality against other
vi candidates.
writer should be always from the same field or must be assosiated with
the subject concerning the examination for which a vi candidate is
appearing.
writer must be in no case be arranged by the body conducting exams. this
must entirely lie in the domain of vi candidate appearing for exam.
questions of pictorial presentations must in every case be replaced by
theoritical questions. in many examinations there is no such provision
like in management exams. these exams have complex data to be interpreted.
as i am aiming at CAT, FMS, XAT, SNAP etc. inclusion of screen readers
will be a very cozy step in this direction.
hope my opinions will add to this bettle against present dogmas.
regards
swasti Mathur