[AI] Nokia enters dual SIM handset market

sunilsangtani99 at gmail.com sunilsangtani99 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 06:33:37 EDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Srikanth Kanuri
Sent:  02/09/2010, 7:15  am
To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Nokia enters dual SIM handset market

does c1 and c2 run on S 60 versions of simbion?

as these are basic models Don't know whether they would be running on
Java or Simbion and whether they would support installations or not.

On 9/2/10, Adhimoolam Vetrivel Murugan <vadhimoolam at gmail.com> wrote:No. C1 runs on series 30 platform and c2 supports searies 40.
> I think that all those models mentioned do run under S60 platform. The
> trouble is though, since these products are supposed to be for Indian
> specific market, we are going to have hell of a time in getting
> official support from talks and mobile speak.
>
> Vetri.
>
> On 01/09/2010, Anuj Verma <ak.divyadrishti at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>> now, the issue is that, is any model talks or any screen reader
>> supportable
>> or not?
>> thanks-
>> Dr. A.K. Verma
>>

>> --- On Tue, 31/8/10, Gopalakrishnan <gopalakrishnan_vip at yahoo.co.in>
>> wrote:
>>

>> From: Gopalakrishnan <gopalakrishnan_vip at yahoo.co.in>
>> Subject: [AI] Nokia enters dual SIM handset market
>> To: "Access India" <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
>> Date: Tuesday, 31 August, 2010, 3:13 AM
>>

>> Nokia enters dual SIM handset market
>>

>> NEW DELHI, August 30, 2010
>>

>> Special Correspondent
>>

>> Targeting fast growing dual SIM handset market, Nokia on Monday launched
>> two
>> devices and announced plans to introduce more such models in various price
>> ranges.
>>

>> The entry-level C1 model is priced at Rs.1,999 and comes with flashlight
>> and
>> FM radio. It will have a ‘call divert' feature to ensure that users do not
>> miss a call from either of the two SIMs. However, the handset can only be
>> used for voice and SMS.
>>

>> Similarly, C2 model, which will be available later this year, will allow
>> users to access services such as Ovi Life Tools and Ovi Mail. It will also
>> have a music player and support micro-SD cards of up to 32 GB capacity.
>>

>> “As per our deep consumer insights, entry-level consumers need dual SIMs
>> for
>> va
Email truncated to 2,000 characters
:::0:be186c909572572ac9b7b1abb7304754:7d0::::
Original message is located on server