[AI] orca-2.31.91 deb package
vinodbkollam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 03:43:10 EDT 2010
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader
that provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
was led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office with
generous contributions from the Mozilla Foundation and Corporation.
Orca is currently a community project driven by volunteers.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.31.91?
2.31.91 - 30-August-2010
* Fix for bug #625422 - Remove XDG location 'migration' option
* Fix for bug #627451 - Orca needs a way to repeat the latest
* Fix for bug #628275 - Orca should be more forgiving when invalid
options and arguments are specified
* Fix for bug #628256 - orca.die() should call sys.exit() rather than
* Fix for bug #628300 - Write the errors to the sdterr instead of
* Additional fix for bug 626272 - Plural forms needed for correct
* Fix for bug #627052 - Orca shouldn't ignore of object:text-caret-
moved events which immediately follow a window:activate event
* Fix for bug #627477 - Orca splash screen shouldn't be displayed in
* Fix for bug #627216 - Orca not brailling messages received via
* Fix for bug #520595 - Orca is far too "chatty" for persons with
* Fix for bug #627769 - 2.31.91pre say all stops at links and headers
in firefox and thunderbird
* Fix for bug #627691 - When I say all a webpage content and Orca
attempts to speak an image description, the say all operation is
* Fix for bug #627498 - Orca should explicitly present the insertion
and deletion of the last row in an OOo Writer table
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
cs Czeck Marek Černocký
es Spanish Francisco Javier Dorado Martínez
gb British English Philip Withnall
gl Galician Fran Diéguez
hu Hungarian Gabor Kelemen
ja Japanese Jiro MATSUZAWA
sl Slovenian Matej Urbančič
zh Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao
(Hong Kong and Taiwan)
* Where can I get it ?
You can obtain Orca v2.31.91 in source code form at the following:
orca-list mailing list
orca-list at gnome.org
Visit http://live.gnome.org/Orca for more information on Orca.
The manual is at
The FAQ is at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
Netiquette Guidelines are at
Log bugs and feature requests at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
Find out how to help at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/HowCanIHelp
More information about the AccessIndia