[AI] Required information about upbringing of a blind kid

Vamshi G gvamshiai at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 13:36:50 EDT 2010

Dear friends,

One of my friends has a 7 month old kid who is blind.  She wants the
following information

1.	What are the precautions that have to be taken during the upbringing
of the kid?
2.	Are there any books that explain the care that has to be taken?
3.	Is there any source for toys etc. for the blind kid to play with?
4.	Most importantly, are there any parents who have blind kids on this
group?
5.	She wants her kid to go to a normal school.  So, what  is the
necessary training that can be imparted before he goes to the school?
6.	She lives in Pune.  So, information about organizations in Pune
and/or Mumbai who can help her in this regard will be useful.

Any parents of blind kids, please get into touch with me off the list.  She
wants to be connected with you people.

Regards,

Vamshi G

M: +91 9949349497