[AI] Should not allow applications to access your contacts:orkut - Rakesh wants to be your friend on orkut!

M.K. Prasanna mkprasanna at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 10:14:01 EDT 2010

Hi friends,

While joining a new application like Orkut, it asks whether it should pick up
your Friends from your Contacts/Address Book. Once you let it access them,
reminders, etc are auto-generated.  You have then compromised on yours and your
friends' contact details. Some not-so-discreet sites may even share these
details with others. So each one of us has to take the trouble to add contacts
manually rather than let these applications share parts of our account.

Hope this helps stop the blame game.

Best,
Prasanna