[AI] NAB places 10 people with Standard Chartered

prateek aggarwal prateekagarwal99 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 23:29:21 EDT 2010

NAB places 10 people with Standard Chartered

India Infoline News Service / 16:00 , Aug 20, 2010
http://www.indiainfoline.com/Markets/News/NAB-places-10-people-with-Standard-Chartered/4912458705

The National Association for the Blind, (India) one of India’s leading
Voluntary Organizations in the field of blindness, has successfully
placed 10 of
its students with Standard Chartered, India’s largest International Bank.

These individuals will work as ‘Tele-Callers’ with Standard
Chartered’s Consumer Banking Division in Mumbai, selling a range of
financial products and
services.

This Placement is an initiative of NAB’s Department of Employment’s
on-going efforts to train Visually Impaired Candidates for corporate
jobs. The Department
has successfully placed candidates with leading Corporates.

“The Socio-Economic Rehabilitation of the Visually Impaired is a key
objective for NAB, and we constantly explore innovative avenues and
use assistive technology
to help these candidates acquire the required job skills. A growing
number of companies are employing our students, which is a testimony
to the capability
of these individuals,” said Mr. Suhas Karnik, Honorary  Secretary, NAB.

Standard Chartered has proactively worked with NAB to make its premise
at Goregaon accessible to differently-abled employees. It is also
training its staff
to sensitise them to the special needs of these individuals.

S Krishnan, Country Head, Sales, Standard Chartered Bank said, “This
is the first time in Standard Chartered that we have hired Visually
Impaired talent
in the Sales function. I am personally committed to ensure this team
gets all the support for being a high performing, successful team in
the bank for
all to be proud of.”

Madhavi Lall, Regional Head, Human Resources, Standard Chartered Bank,
said, “Embracing diversity among people and creating an inclusive work
environment
underpins our values as an Organisation. This includes hiring
differently-abled individuals and supporting the growth of their
careers. We are pleased
to partner with NAB in this initiative.”

As part of its Diversity & Inclusion agenda, Standard Chartered works
to create equal opportunities for women, people of different
nationalities, and the
differently-abled.

Regards,
Prateek agarwal.
 Skype:
Prateek_agarwal32
Wanna see inside me? My blog is the telescope:
http://www.myfriendprateek.blogspot.com
website:
http://www.prateekagarwal.webs.com

the best way to accomplish your softwares/websites development needs.
You tell, I'll build.