[AI] question on jaws on dell mini10 netbook

Zujar zujarbright at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:49:17 EDT 2010

I've experienced similar issues recently on my office computer.
Re-installing display drivers fixed both the issues.

Being partially sighted, I could see that there are items on the system tray
but JAWS says 'no item' before fixing the issue. It is also possible that
the items on the system tray are hidden in your case. To unhide items on the
system tray, navigate to the desktop using WINDOWS+D and press SHIFT+TAB to
move to the button that helps you unhide system tray icons. JAWS would say
'Start button', just activate it with SPACEBAR, it is not the actual Start
button. For permanently displaying icons you need to uncheck the checkbox
labeled 'Hide inactive icons' on the Taskbar property page of 'Taskbar and
Start menu Properties' dialog box.