[AI] Understand everything about accessibility so that there are better chances to convince developers. (Article on 'POUR' from webaim)

Amar Jain amarjain2006 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 00:26:20 EDT 2010

Dear All,
It gives me immense pleasure to write on the list after such a long time. Anyways lets come to the point:
How often we are in a situation wherein we are required to make understand the developers of a website, software, or any product to include accessibility in it?
I guess at least twice or thrice in a week.
Now what if you are not technically sound and you want to convince any developer about accessibility?
99% people will say "boss better to take somebody's assistance who is technically sound".
I agree with the remaining 1% who will say "make them understand the need of accessibility".
I do not deny the need of having a bit of technical knowledge on the subject, but ultimately it's the need which needs to be emphasized in front of the developers. This was the basic difference between WCAG 1 and WCAG 2. If you don't know what it is, leave it for this time.
Although we often use the term accessibility, but just think and try to give this word an exact definition not from VI point of view only.
I guess we have understood the problem that what we are talking about with people, we ourselves do not have detailed knowledge of the subject.
So, how to overcome from this problem?
Please go and read the wonderful article on the following url:
http://www.webaim.org/articles/pour/
Last question of yours which I have to answer:
Boss just for giving a simple URL why did you give such a superb lecture?
Intelligent brains so intelligent question!
Hmm.. first, if I would have just wrote "please go and read this article which will make you understand what is accessibility", I bet you half of you must have not red it for different different reasons.
Secondly, writing after such a long time so some emotional feelings...
Last but not the least, I was testing weather you can read any article or not!
hahahaha!
And you are welcome to give your feedback on this wonderful email which you are reading till now, but off the list.
Smiles,
Amar Jain.