[AI] Regarding Quota for VH Students in Universities.

Amiyo Biswas amiyo.biswas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 07:33:56 EDT 2010

Hello,

Kalyani University recently refused admission to a vh student in pg course in history on the ground that the allotted 3 seats out of 100 were filled up by 3 orthopedically handicapped students. The most surprising thing is that these handicapped students were selected on the basis of their percentage of handicap, i.e. they prepared a kind of list starting from 40%.

I looked for some guidelines on UGC web site. I did not find anything relevant. There is a notice titled gazette-English.pdf. But it's a totally different thing. Can anyone find me some suitable circular or some other solution? I need it for a young friend of mine.

Best regards,
Amiyo Biswas
Cell: 91-9433464329