[AI] Access India Archives & exam website accessibility

V. Jayakumar jayakumar.vaishnavi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 12:42:22 EDT 2010

Dear Harish / Srinivasu,

1. I find the archived posts of the forum at http://mail-archive.com very
useful to dig out information for advocacy purposes. Initially I was
wondering if Harish could work out a tagging system for easy retrieval and
classification of information. Now I think the inbuilt search on
mail-archive.com itself is pretty exhaustive - only issue is that I don't
know if the website itself is accessible enough from a VI pov. I know there
are automated tools like webaim etc but since we have the benefit of inside
expertise, I was wondering if Srinivasu could check out
mail-archive.comfrom an Indian user's perspective (using JAWS/NVDA
testing to fine-tune the
user's experience).

If all is well, then the forum can start utilising this wealth of
information right away - if not, then I'm sure that Srinivasu's report on
tweaks to make it perfect for a VI user experience would be enough to
convince the folks at mail-archive.com to make the necessary changes....in
fact, am confident in can happen very quickly online!

2. There are only a few months left before the CAT and other similar exams -
why not extend this testing to those websites too, so we can try to effect
change in those areas too? We have nothing to lose - worst case scenario, we
can at least bring out a guide on shortcuts at the online exam experience
for future candidates reassurance ;-)

What do you think?

Vaishnavi