[AI] Blind couple found murdered, tenant missing

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Thu Aug 12 04:19:09 EDT 2010

Whatever the punishment, blindness of the victims  should be an aggravating factor while convicting  and punishing the culprits. Let us see if courts think it is.

However, am not sure whether it will put the case in the rarest of the rare category for which only, the capital punishment is warranted in our country.
Death sentence of even karlanji convicts is commuted by high court, so cannot really hope for capital sentence.

Regards

"If you believe that there is a God, a God that made your
body, and yet you think that you can do anything with
that body that's dirty, then the fault lies with the manufacturer."

                                             --Lenny Bruce

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,
Reserve Bank of India